Tuesday, July 4, 2017

My Reading Stack - July 4, 2017



My reading selections this week are all over the place. I finally received "milk and honey" by rupi kaur (yep, all lower case -- hard for me to even type it that way), a very diverse collection of poetry. I am still trying to get into "The... Ministry of Utmost Happiness," and "The Dress Shop of Dreams is a pleasant read. "Still Life with Tornado" caught my attention by its cover -- we shall see how it reads.

I finished reading "Anything is Possible" by Elizabeth Strout. It is a collection of stories about people in a small town rather than being a novel. It took me a few chapters before I put that together -- I was a little slow. Strout's writing is wonderful and she does a great job of linking the stories together. It is a quick read and definitely worth the short amount of time it takes to read it.

Oh yes, the coffee mug this week is a gift I received from a friend of mine in Canada (tku Rhonda Schellenberg). It commemorates the marriage of Prince William to Catherine Middleton in April 2011.

The background is a beautiful PURPLE tote bag I received from another friend (tku Sharon Smith).
Okay, back to my books. Let me know what you are reading this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment