Tuesday, August 1, 2017

My Reading Stack - August 1, 2017


This week's reading stack is a hodge-podge of books.  I just purchased two of Menna van Praag's books I had not read:  "The Lost Art of Letter Writing" and "The Witches of Cambridge."
  
I received a copy of "The Hippopotamus" by Stephen Fry.  It is a 1994 book that is now being made into a movie.  I saw the trailer for the movie and wanted to read the book.

"The Widows of Malabar Hill" by Sujata Massey takes place in Bombay in 1921.  The book comes out in January 2018.

"The Bright Hour" by Nina Riggs is a carryover from last week. It is "a memoir or living and dying."  It will be a tough one.

"The Library of Light and Shadow" by M.J. Rose is a little bit of mystery and mysticism in the 1920s in Manhattan and the south of France.where Picasso, Matisse, and the Fitzgeralds are summering.  It is also a carryover from last week.

"All the Birds in the Sky" by Jane Anders is "a tale of science and magic, life and love, and the beginning of our future."  One character is able to turn herself into a bird -- definitely something magical about that!!

"Tiny Little Thing" by Beatriz Williams is about the life and times of a weathly familly on Cape Cod in the mid-1960s.  I am reading this book for a book club group.  It is difficult to imagine sitting around all day soaking up the summer ocean breeze and planning a dinner menu.  Ahhh, the life I will never know.

Oh yes, I was reading "Rabbie Cake" by Annie Hartnett last week.  After reaching for my highlighter close to 40 times while I was reading a copy of the library book, I then reached for my laptop and ordered my own personal copy on Amazon.  I should receive it by Thursday.  Then I can highlight to my heart's content and finish the book.  Yeah!!  Check into the book if you have not already done so -- well worth it.

Well, that is it for me this week.  What is in your reading stack this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment